But once you have that recipe, you can freestyle with it and add and takeaway things as you please. Then top it off with your best artistic talents to make creations like this….
Are you ready for it?
1 3/4 Cups Milk
2 Tsps Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil (You can use others but just trying to be healthy!)
2 Cups Wholemeal Flour
1 Tbsp Raw Honey (Raw, if you have it)
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon (Ground)
2 Organic Eggs
You can change this around completely to suit the ingredients you have e.g. normal honey, other oils or using butter instead, etc. to make life a little easier and keep your mornings spontaneous. The rest isn’t a huge amount of effort. Just remember what you’re making.
These few steps are simple.
1. Preheat your waffle iron to get it nice and haaaat for your mixture.
2. Separate your egg yolks and egg whites. Beat your egg whites until stiff.
3. In a bowl, whisk together the wetties (milk, oil, honey, egg yolks). After, mix in the dry guys (your flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt) until they’re combined.
4. Fold in those egg whites with a smug face at how proud you are that you made egg whites stiff.
5. Let your mixture rest for 10 minutes. Brush the iron with a little butter then ladle in your mixture, baking until golden brown.
Huzzah! Did you just make breakfast? I think so! Top your babies off with whatever you like. My all-time favourite has to be the classic bacon and maple syrup combination.
However, the fruit approach is all a pretty sweet approach to have. I mixed raspberries, blueberries and chopped banana, sided with a beautifully cut mango by Boy and topped with some creme fraiche.
Go crazy, though. Nutella and strawberries? Roasted apples and caramel sauce? The world is your oyster. Or waffle iron.